Looking for something?

mandag den 11. september 2017

Introduction

Hello, my name is Mathilde and I am 18 years old. I live in Varde and attend Rybners Gymnasium; I am on my last year. It seems very weird, having to admit that because it is as if my first day here was yesterday. My last year in upper secondary school has been very chaotic so far. I decided to transfer schools at the beginning of the year, but I regretted it, so now I am back. My mind is very weird place; to understand it, you must really look. But I guess, that is how it is with everyone.  
Anyhow, once this year is over, I will hopefully be able to move to London to attend the university of my dreams. Many would say that this dream is very unobtainable, but if my sister can do it, so can I. I have a quote hanging over my bed, citing: “I am going to succeed, because I am NOT going to quit”. I will live by this. I think it is important to know your own self-worth and strength and exceed this. If one manages to that, one truly knows how strong one is.  
I am a very weird person, if I do say so myself, but I am also very determined. I managed to lose 34 kg, when I was 12 years old, because I was determined to do so. I was top of my class in primary and lower secondary school, because I was determined to do so. I will go to the university of my dreams, because I am determined to do so.
Part of the reason, why I have chosen English as an elective subject, is that I need it to get into this university. However, the primary reason why I have chosen English, is that I love the language. I love the sophistication in the language and I love the country. I think there are so many ways you can express yourself in English. Most songs are written in English because it just sounds better and in my opinion you can often express yourself clearer in fewer words. Whenever I am talking to myself (which happens often), I always speak English. I think there is a sense of warmth in the language. It is enthralling. I only ever read English books, because I love how formal the language of the book is, even if it is unformal.
I could sit for hours, discussing the beauty of the English language, because it is endless. However, I must touch upon what I am looking forward to this year in English. I hope we are going to be reading classics such as, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, Hamlet, For Whom the Bell Tolls etc., because I think these are amazing books to not only explain time periods, but also to explain and express the language itself.

1 kommentar:

  1. Hi Mathilde,
    As for your 'weirdness' I don't know you enough to comment on that, but it seems to me like you're a person with a lot of dreams and the courage to pursue those dreams. And that cannot be a bad thing. I hope you achieve everything you want in life.
    For now I welcome you to our English class, and I'm sure you'll have no problem catching up with the reading and the written work. Your English certainly seems to be very good and I look forward to having you in the class this year.
    I can't promise you we'll get through all those classics that you mention, but we will be reading many classic authors this year, and I'll do my best to keep our lessons interesting, educational and fun.
    Karina

    SvarSlet